1-429. Deposit applied to plaintiff's judgment.

When money has been deposited, and remains on deposit at the time of an order or judgment for the payment of money to the plaintiff, the clerk or other officer shall, under the direction of the court, apply the same in satisfaction thereof, and after satisfying the judgment shall refund any surplus to the defendant. If the judgment is in favor of the defendant the clerk or other officer shall refund to him the whole sum deposited and remaining unapplied. (C.C.P., s. 170; Code, s. 312; Rev., s. 747; C.S., s. 787.)