Licensing and Regulation of Rendering Plants, Rendering Operations, and Waste Kitchen Grease Collection.
§ 106-168.1. Definitions.
For the purposes of this Article, unless the context or subject matter otherwise clearly requires,
(1) "Collector" means any person, as defined in this section, who collects raw material for the purpose of selling the same to any renderer for further processing.
(2) "Person" means any individual, partnership, firm, association or corporation.
(3) "Raw material" means inedible whole or portion of animal or poultry carcasses.
(4) "Rendering operation" means the processing of inedible whole or portion of animal or poultry carcasses and includes collection of such raw material for the purpose of processing.
(5) "Rendering plant" means the building or buildings in which raw material is processed and the premises upon which said building or buildings used in connection with such processing are located.
(6) "Waste kitchen grease" means animal fats or vegetable oils that have been used, and will not be reused, for cooking in a food establishment. "Waste kitchen grease" does not include grease septage as defined in G.S. 130A-290. (1953, c. 732; 2012-127, s. 2.)