§ 106-202.18. Powers and duties of the Scientific Committee.
The Scientific Committee shall have all of the following powers and duties:
(1) To gather and provide information and data and advise the Board with respect to all aspects of the biology and ecology of endangered and threatened plant species.
(2) To develop and present to the Board management and conservation practices for preserving endangered or threatened plant species.
(3) To recommend habitat areas for acquisition to the extent that funds are available or expected.
(4) To investigate and make recommendations to the Board as to the status of endangered, threatened plant species, or species of special concern.
(5) To make recommendations to the Board concerning regulation of the collection and shipment of endangered or threatened plant species within North Carolina.
(6) To review and comment on environmental impact statements prepared by State agencies on projects that may affect protected plants; and
(7) To advise the Board on matters submitted to the Scientific Committee by the Board or the Commissioner which involve technical questions and the development of pertinent rules and regulations, and make any recommendations as deemed by the Scientific Committee to be worthy of the Board's consideration. (1979, c. 964, s. 1; 2007-456, s. 3.)