As used in this Article, the following words shall have the meaning stated below, unless the context requires otherwise:
(1) Boll Weevil. - Anthonomus grandis Boheman, the boll weevil, in any stage of development.
(2) Certificate. - A document issued or authorized by the Commissioner indicating that a regulated article is not contaminated with boll weevils.
(3) Commissioner. - The Commissioner of Agriculture of this State or any officer or employee of the Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services or designated cooperator to whom authority to act in his stead has been or hereafter may be delegated.
(4) Cotton. - Any cotton plant or cotton plant product upon which the boll weevil is dependent for completion of any portion of its life cycle.
(5) Host. - Any plant or plant product upon which the boll weevil is dependent for completion of any portion of its life cycle.
(6) Infested. - Actually infested with a boll weevil or so exposed to infestation that it would be reasonable to believe that an infestation exists.
(7) Permit. - A document issued or authorized by the Commissioner to provide for the movement of regulated articles to restricted destinations for limited handling, utilization, or processing.
(8) Person. - Any individual, corporation, company, society, or association, or other business entity.
(9) Regulated Article. - Any article of any character carrying or capable of carrying the boll weevil, including, but not limited to cotton plants, seed cotton, other hosts, gin trash, and mechanical cotton pickers, as designated by regulations of the Commissioner. (1975, c. 958, s. 3; 1997-261, s. 31.)