(a) It shall be unlawful for any person:
(1) To willfully commingle or cause or solicit the commingling of the personal funds or moneys of a recipient resident of a provider health care facility with the funds or moneys of such facility; or
(2) To willfully embezzle, convert, or appropriate or cause or solicit the embezzlement, conversion or appropriation of recipient personal funds or property to his own use or to the use of any provider or other person or entity.
(b) A violation of subdivision (a)(1) of this section shall be a Class 1 misdemeanor. A violation of subdivision (a)(2) of this section shall be a Class H felony.
(c) For purposes of this section:
(1) "Health care facility" shall include skilled nursing facilities, intermediate care facilities, rest homes, or any other residential health care facility; and
(2) "Person" includes any natural person, association, consortium, corporation, body politic, partnership, or other group, entity or organization; and
(3) "Recipient" shall include current resident recipients, deceased recipients and recipients who no longer reside at such facility. (1979, c. 510, s. 1; 1981, c. 275, s. 1; 1993, c. 539, ss. 816, 1300; 1994, Ex. Sess., c. 24, s. 14(c).)