The agency shall have all of the powers necessary or convenient to carry out and effectuate the purposes and provisions of this Article, including all of the following:
(1) To make and execute contracts and agreements necessary or incidental to the exercise of its powers and duties under this Article, including loan agreements and agreements of sale or leases with, mortgages and deeds of trust and conveyances to participating institutions, persons, firms, corporations, governmental agencies and others and including credit enhancement agreements.
(2) To acquire by purchase, lease, gift or otherwise, or to obtain options for the acquisition of any property, real or personal, improved or unimproved, including interests in land in fee or less than fee for any project, upon such terms and at such cost as shall be agreed upon by the owner and the agency.
(3) To arrange or contract with any county, city, town or other political subdivision or instrumentality of the State for the opening or closing of streets or for the furnishing of utility or other services to any project.
(4) To sell, convey, lease as lessor, mortgage, exchange, transfer, grant a deed of trust in, or otherwise dispose of, or to grant options for these purposes with respect to, any real or personal property or interest in property.
(5) To pledge or assign any money, purchase price payments, rents, loan repayments, charges, fees or other revenues, including any federally guaranteed securities and moneys received from them whether the securities are initially acquired by the agency or a participating institution, and any proceeds derived by the agency from sales of property, insurance, condemnation awards or other sources.
(6) To pledge or assign the revenues and receipts from any project and from any loan agreement, agreement of sale, or lease, including any loan repayments, purchase price payments, rent, or other income received under a loan agreement, agreement of sale, or lease.
(7) To borrow money as provided in this Article to carry out and effectuate its corporate purposes and to issue bonds and notes for the purpose of providing funds to pay all or any part of the cost of any project, to lend money to any participating institution for the acquisition of any federally guaranteed securities, and to issue revenue refunding bonds.
(8) To finance, refinance, acquire, construct, equip, provide, operate, own, repair, maintain, extend, improve, rehabilitate, renovate and furnish any project and to pay all or any part of the cost thereof from the proceeds of bonds or notes or from any contribution, gift or donation or other funds available to the agency for this purpose.
(9) To fix, revise, charge and collect or cause to be fixed, revised, charged and collected purchase price payments, rents, loan repayments, fees, rates and charges for the use of, or services rendered by, any project.
(10) To employ fiscal consultants, consulting engineers, architects, attorneys, feasibility consultants, appraisers and any other consultants and employees as may be required in the judgment of the agency and to fix and pay their compensation from funds available to the agency.
(11) To conduct studies and surveys respecting the need for projects and their location, financing and construction.
(12) To apply for, accept, receive and agree to and comply with the terms and conditions governing grants, loans, advances, contributions, interest subsidies and other aid with respect to any project from federal and State agencies or instrumentalities.
(13) To sue and be sued in its own name, plead and be impleaded.
(14) To acquire and enter into commitments to acquire any federally guaranteed security or federally insured mortgage note and to pledge or otherwise use the federally guaranteed security or federally insured mortgage note as the agency considers in its best interest to secure or otherwise provide a source of repayment on any of its bonds or notes issued on behalf of any participating institution to finance or refinance the cost of any project.
(15) To make loans to any participating institution for the cost of a project in accordance with an agreement between the agency and the participating institution.
(16) To make loans to a participating institution to refund outstanding loans, obligations, deeds of trust or advances issued, made or given by the participating institutions for the cost of a project.
(17) To charge and to apportion among participating institutions its administrative costs and expenses incurred in the exercise of its powers and duties conferred by this Article.
(18) To adopt an official seal and alter it at pleasure.
(19) To do all other things necessary or convenient to carry out the purposes of this Article. (1985 (Reg. Sess., 1986), c. 794, s. 5; 1998-124, s. 5; 2000-179, s. 2.)