Entry and Withdrawal of Attorney in Criminal Case.
§ 15A-141. When entry of attorney in criminal proceeding occurs.
An attorney enters a criminal proceeding when he:
(1) Files a written notice of entry with the clerk indicating an intent to represent a defendant in a specified criminal proceeding; or
(2) Appears in a criminal proceeding without limiting the extent of his representation; or
(3) Appears in a criminal proceeding for a limited purpose and indicates the extent of his representation by filing written notice thereof with the clerk; or
(4) Accepts assignment to represent an indigent defendant under the terms of Article 36 of Chapter 7A of the General Statutes; or
(5) Files a written waiver of arraignment, except that representation in this instance may not be limited pursuant to subdivision (3). (1973, c. 1286, s. 1; 1975, 2nd Sess., c. 983, s. 135.)