§ 15B-21. Annual report.
The Commission shall, by March 15 each year, prepare and transmit to the chairs of the Joint Legislative Oversight Committee on Justice and Public Safety and to the chairs of the House and Senate Appropriations Committees on Justice and Public Safety a report of its activities in the prior fiscal year and the current fiscal year to date. The report shall include all of the following:
(1) The number of claims filed.
(2) The number of awards made.
(2a) The number of pending cases by year received.
(3) The amount of each award.
(4) A statistical summary of claims denied and awards made.
(5) The administrative costs of the Commission, including the compensation of commissioners.
(6) The current unencumbered balance of the North Carolina Crime Victims Compensation Fund.
(7) The amount of funds carried over from the prior fiscal year.
(8) The amount of funds received in the prior fiscal year from the Division of Adult Correction and Juvenile Justice of the Department of Public Safety and from the compensation fund established pursuant to the Victims Crime Act of 1984, 42 U.S.C. § 10601, et seq.
(9) The amount of funds expected to be received in the current fiscal year, as well as the amount actually received in the current fiscal year on the date of the report, from the Department of Public Safety, the Department of Adult Correction, and from the compensation fund established pursuant to the Victims Crime Act of 1984, 42 U.S.C. § 10601, et seq.
(10) A summary of the outreach awareness measure taken during the prior fiscal year.
The Attorney General and State Auditor shall assist the Commission in the preparation of the report required by this section. (1983, c. 832, s. 1; 1987, c. 819, s. 29; 1991, c. 301, s. 1; 1999-237, s. 20.2; 2001-424, s. 26.5; 2004-159, s. 1; 2011-145, s. 19.1(h); 2015-241, s. 16A.2; 2017-186, s. 2(ffff); 2021-180, s. 19C.9(ggg); 2022-58, s. 9(b).)