§ 160D-1210. Additional powers of public officer.
An ordinance adopted by the governing board may authorize the public officer to exercise any powers necessary or convenient to carry out and effectuate the purpose and provisions of this Article, including the following powers in addition to others herein granted:
(1) To investigate the dwelling conditions in the local government's planning and development regulation jurisdiction in order to determine which dwellings therein are unfit for human habitation.
(2) To administer oaths, affirmations, examine witnesses, and receive evidence.
(3) To enter upon premises for the purpose of making examinations in a manner that will do the least possible inconvenience to the persons in possession.
(4) To appoint and fix the duties of officers, agents, and employees necessary to carry out the purposes of the ordinances.
(5) To delegate any of his or her functions and powers under the ordinance to other officers and other agents. (2019-111, s. 2.4; 2020-3, s. 4.33(a); 2020-25, s. 51(a), (b), (d).)