Merger, Consolidation and Other Fundamental Changes.
§ 54-159. Procedure for merger.
(a) Any two or more domestic associations organized under this Subchapter, either with or without capital stock, may merge into any one of such associations pursuant to a plan of merger approved in the manner provided in this Article.
(b) The board of directors of each association shall, by resolution adopted by each such board, approve a plan of merger setting forth:
(1) The names of the association proposing to merge, and the name of the association into which they propose to merge, which is hereinafter designated as the surviving association.
(2) The name which the surviving association is to have, which name may be that of any of the associations involved in the merger or any other available name, subject, however, to the limitations of G.S. 54-139 and 55A-10.
(3) The terms and conditions of the proposed merger.
(4) A statement of any changes in the charter of the surviving association to be effected by such merger.
(5) Such other provisions not inconsistent with law as are deemed necessary or desirable. (1963, c. 1168, s. 13.)