§ 54C-200. Definitions.
As used in this Article, unless the context clearly requires otherwise, the following definitions apply:
(1) Repealed by Session Laws 2004-203, s. 35(b), effective August 17, 2004.
(2) "Branch" means a full service office of a savings bank through which it renders a savings bank service other than its principal office. A savings bank may engage in any authorized function or service through an authorized branch office.
(3) "Commission" means the State Banking Commission.
(4) "Home state" means (i) as to a state-chartered savings bank, the state which granted the savings bank its charter, and (ii) as to a federal savings bank, the state in which the savings bank has its principal office.
(5) "Out-of-state" savings bank means a savings bank granted a charter by any state other than this State and whose principal office is not located in this State.
(6) "Savings bank" means a state savings bank or a federal savings bank, unless limited by use of the words "State" or "federal".
(7) "State savings bank" means a depository institution chartered under the laws of this State.
(8) "Supervisor" means the state savings bank supervisor or equivalent state official having primary regulatory authority over an out-of-state savings bank. (1993, c. 191, s. 3; 2001-193, ss. 16, 17; 2004-203, s. 35(b).)