Records and Reports.
Part 1. Records.
§ 55A-16-01. Corporate records.
(a) A corporation shall keep as permanent records minutes of all meetings of its members and board of directors, a record of all actions taken by the members or directors without a meeting pursuant to G.S. 55A-7-04, 55A-7-08, or 55A-8-21, and a record of all actions taken by committees of the board of directors in place of the board of directors on behalf of the corporation.
(b) A corporation shall maintain appropriate accounting records.
(c) A corporation or its agent shall maintain a record of its members, in a form that permits preparation of a list of the names and addresses of all members, in alphabetical order by class, showing the number of votes each member is entitled to cast.
(d) A corporation shall maintain its records in written form or in another form capable of conversion into written form within a reasonable time.
(e) A corporation shall keep a copy of the following records at its principal office:
(1) Its articles of incorporation or restated articles of incorporation and all amendments to them currently in effect;
(2) Its bylaws or restated bylaws and all amendments to them currently in effect;
(3) Resolutions adopted by its members or board of directors relating to the number or classification of directors or to the characteristics, qualifications, rights, limitations, and obligations of members or any class or category of members;
(4) The minutes of all membership meetings, and records of all actions taken by the members without a meeting pursuant to G.S. 55A-7-04 or G.S. 55A-7-08, for the past three years;
(5) All written communications to members generally within the past three years, and the financial statements, if any, that have been furnished or would have been required to be furnished to a member upon demand under G.S. 55A-16-20 during the past three years;
(6) A list of the names and business or home addresses of its current directors and officers; and
(7) Repealed by Session Laws 1995, c. 539, s. 29, effective July 29, 1995. (1955, c. 1230; 1969, c. 875, s. 6; 1985 (Reg. Sess., 1986), c. 801, s. 31; 1993, c. 398, s. 1; 1995, c. 539, s. 29.)