Article 3.

Waterways Obtained.

§ 74-25.  Water and drainage rights obtained.

Any person or body corporate engaged or about to engage in  mining, who may find it necessary for the furtherance of his operations to convey water either to or from his mine or mines over the lands of any other person or persons, may make application by petition in writing to the clerk of the superior court of the county in which the lands to be affected or the greater part are situate, for the right so to convey such water. The owner of the lands to be affected shall be made a party defendant, and the proceedings shall be conducted as other special proceedings. (1871-2, c. 158, ss. 1, 3; Code, ss. 3293, 3294, 3300; Rev., s. 4953; C.S., s. 6920.)