§ 90C-34. Persons and practices not affected.
Nothing in this Chapter shall be construed to prevent or restrict:
(1) Any person qualified, registered, certified, or licensed to engage in another profession or occupation or any person working under the supervision of a person registered, certified, or licensed to engage in another profession or occupation in this State from performing work incidental to the practice of that profession or occupation as long as that person does not represent himself or herself as a recreational therapy assistant or recreational therapist or the work to be recreational therapy or therapeutic recreation as defined by this Chapter.
(2) Any person employed as a therapeutic recreation specialist, therapeutic recreation assistant, or recreational therapist or a recreational therapy assistant by the government of the United States, if he or she provides therapeutic recreation or recreational therapy solely under the direction and control of the organization by which he or she is employed.
(3) Any person pursuing a course of study leading to a degree in recreational therapy or therapeutic recreation at an accredited college or university that meets the minimum academic requirements for a major or specialization in recreational therapy as defined by the rules and regulations of the Board.
(4) Any person fulfilling the supervised fieldwork experience required for a degree and for licensure, as defined by the rules of the Board, if the person is designated by a title that clearly indicates his or her status as a student.
(5) Expired. (2005-378, s. 2; 2007-389, s. 1.)